The fact is that security cameras don’t operate continuously and this is something nearly impossible to prevent. Reasons vary from the camera restarting, lost internet connection, or no power, to the camera being damaged. But what you can do is increase your awareness about it. If anything goes wrong with your camera you should be notified immediately so you or your dealer can react in time.
That’s the reason why we’ve introduced Camera status feature.
- We check your camera status every few minutes (5-15 minutes intervals)
- The feature works for all cameras connected to Angelcam having Cloud Recording or Broadcasting app installed.
- We notify you via email anytime your camera gets offline for more than 20 minutes. Once the camera is back in online status, a confirmation email will notify you again.
This feature is free of charge.
Sounds good? Please follow these steps to enable your Camera status notifications:
- Sign in to my.angelcam.com
- Click on a specific camera on the My cameras page
- Click on “Disabled” next to Email notifications for camera status updates in Camera settings
- Tick the box “Enable Camera status email notifications”
- Fill in your email address and a second email (if you want to have eg. a security service, an installer or a dealer in copy)
- Finish the settings by clicking on “Save settings” button
- Set up forwarding of emails from Angelcam to your phone number if you need to be notified on your phone. Try Zapier or Clickatell.
This is a beta version and we’d love to hear feedback from you. If you miss any particular function, please let us know. At this moment we’re planning SMS notifications, snooze mode, repeated reminders and failure reports. But we can add even more based on your feedback.