UPDATE 7 Jun 2017 – the application has been renamed to Cam’ON – Cloud IP Camera.
Yes, it’s true! And now you can even connect it to Angelcam without any network configuration. spyNet Camera works with WiFi or by using mobile data connectivity. It can stream any available camera and it’s free. And it’s not the only advantage. You can turn your Android device into a security camera that protects your house, hotel or AirBnB room. Or anything else that needs to be temporarily secured. You just use your phone that has a battery and wi-fi (no wires required) and there you go – your security system comes alive! Anytime you move your camera to a different network (new wi-fi or even cellular) and connect it to Angelcam, it’s connected securely to our cloud.
All you need is a smartphone with Android 5.0 (and up) and a wireless connection.
If you want to give it a try, please follow these steps:
- Find a “spyNet Cloud IP Camera” app on Google Play.
- Install it and make sure it has the required permissions.
- Open the app.
- Enable Angelcam ready.
- Find a MAC address of your device. A simple guide is here.
- Follow this link and fill in the MAC address of your device.
- Scan the QR code, name the camera and add it to your account.
Here’s a little help with screenshots for Android 6.0 how to configure the app.
- After enabling the adapter, you’ll receive a notification asking to register and showing the MAC you use.
- If you click on the notification, a message will be shown explaining what to do.
- You’ll also get a notification on your mobile phone like this.
- Also you can allow the streaming over mobile data connection by disabling the ‘WiFi only’ option from here.
Note: If you want to use the same device on a different account, please contact our support. The pairing record needs to be removed first.